Updated: Sep 13, 2018
Serves 4-6 people - Quick and Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Difficulty: Quick and Easy
35g Mae Jum Jungle Curry Paste - Order your Mae Jum Paste
260g Smoked Mackerel
110g Green Beans
40g Mixed Chillies
70g Baby Corn
120g Bamboo Shoots
70g Peas eggplant
5-7 Kaffir Lime Leaves
Seasoning (to taste)
2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or soy sauce for a lighter taste or to avoid fish allergies)
1 tbsp Palm Sugar (light brown sugar or coconut sugar)
Chop the green beans into 2 inch pieces
Pick the pea eggplants of there branches.
Slice the carrots and mixed chillies
Chop the corn in half.
Slice the Mackerel into 3 inch slices
1. Add 200g of water and the Jungle Curry Paste into a large saucepan and bring to a light boil, blend the paste until sauce is smooth.
2. Add a further 200g of water and continue to blend.
3. Add the fish sauce and palm sugar to taste.
TIP: You may wish to do this at the end, rather than at this stage. It will depend on what other ingredients you plan to add.
4. Add the mackerel, bamboo shoots and 200g of water into the saucepan and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the carrots, baby corn, green beans and pea eggplant into the saucepan and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
6. Lastly, add the mixed chillies and the kaffir lime leaves. Then turn off the heat.
7. Serve hot with freshly made Thai fragrance rice.
8. Enjoy, it's delicious.