Updated: Jan 1, 2019
Serves 3-4 people - Quick and Easy
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Quick and Easy
35g Mae Jum Panang Curry Paste - Order your Mae Jum Paste
10g Red Chillies
5-6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
400ml Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Pure Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed Oil)
Seasoning (to taste)
2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or soy sauce for a lighter taste or to avoid fish allergies)
1 tbsp Palm Sugar (light brown sugar or coconut sugar)
Slice the red chillies
Finely chop the kaffir lime leaves
1. Add the oil and Panang curry paste into a large saucepan, bring to a moderate heat and blend till smooth.
2. Add the fish sauce and palm sugar to taste.
3. Add 200g of the creamy layer of the coconut milk and let it cook for 5 minutes
TIP: Simmer longer to allow the coconut oil to separate slightly from the coconut milk and continue to fry the paste to extract maximum flavour.
4. Add the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
5. Place the Cod into the large saucepan, cook each side of the Cod for 3 minutes each.
6. Turn off the heat and add the red chillies and kaffir lime leaves on top.
7. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes.
8. Enjoy, it's delicious.