Updated: Jan 1, 2019
Serves 4 people - Quick and Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Quick and Easy
35g Mae Jum Green Curry Paste - Order your Mae Jum Paste
400ml Coconut milk
300g Beef (Rump Steak)
20g Mixed Chillies
2-4 Basil leaves and kaffir lime leaves
Seasoning (to taste)
2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or soy sauce for a lighter taste or to avoid fish allergies)
1 tbsp Palm Sugar (light brown sugar or coconut sugar)
1 tsp Shrimp Paste
1. Thinly slice the beef
2. Thinly slice the mixed chillies
3. Cut the marrow in cub size chunks
4. Slice the carrots
1. Add half the coconut milk to a large saucepan and bring to a light boil.
2. Add the Green Curry Paste, then on a moderate heat, bring back to the boil and continue to blend paste until sauce is smooth.
TIP: Simmer longer to allow the coconut oil to separate slightly from the coconut milk and continue to fry the paste to extract maximum flavour.
3. Add the fish sauce and palm sugar to taste.
TIP: You may wish to do this at the end, rather than at this stage. It will depend on what other ingredients you plan to add.
4. Add the beef on a medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the marrow and carrots into the saucepan with water and the rest of the coconut milk, and let it boil for 7-10 minutes.
TIP - bring to a simmer until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
6. Lastly, turn the heat off and then add the red chillies and leaves, mix it all together.
7. Serve hot with freshly made Thai fragrance rice.
8. Enjoy, it's delicious.