Updated: Sep 13, 2018
Serves 4 people - Quick and Easy
NUTRITION'S COMING SOON
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
35g Mae Jum Yellow Curry Paste - Order your Mae Jum Paste
360g Chicken Thigh Fillet
400ml Coconut milk
40g Red Chillies
4-5 Sweet Thai Basil
Seasoning (to taste)
1 tbsp Fish Sauce (or soy sauce for a lighter taste or to avoid fish allergies)
1 tbsp Palm Sugar (light brown sugar or coconut sugar)
Peel the potatoes and cut them in half
TIP: Put them in a bowl of water to stop them from going brown
2. Cut the Chicken in big pieces
3. Slice the red chillies
1. Add half of the coconut milk into a large saucepan and bring to a light boil.
2. Add the Yellow Curry Paste, then on a moderate heat, bring back to the boil and continue to blend paste until sauce is smooth.
TIP: Simmer longer to allow the coconut oil to separate slightly from the coconut milk and continue to fry the paste to extract maximum flavour.
3. Add the fish sauce and palm sugar to taste.
TIP: You may wish to do this at the end, rather than at this stage. It will depend on what other ingredients you plan to add.
4. Add the chicken and potatoes into the saucepan, bring to a boil and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the remaining coconut milk and the water, stir until all is blended together and let it cook for 10 minutes.
6. Lastly, turn the heat off and then add the red chillies and the sweet Thai basil.
7. Serve hot with freshly made Thai fragrance rice.
8. Enjoy, it's delicious.